Wednesday, April 8, 2020

News From Mrs. Wright and Mr. Hutchins





News from Mr. Hutchins 



Hello Everyone!  I hope that everyone is doing and being successful in your learning at home.  Hopefully you have been able to get plenty of physical activity and are remembering to fill out your activity log.  If you are able to, I would love it if you could send me pictures of these logs.  My plan for the remainder in the year, in regards to Physical Education, is to post different activities in this google classroom that you can try on your own or with your family. 
Have a great rest of your week!
Mr. H


Once you have access, you should be able to make a copy or download to print!


News From Mrs. Wright 


Good Day Students:

In celebration of Poetry Month I have 3 poems below from our Red Clover book “Friends and Foes by Douglas Florien”..  Do you have any poetry books at home? How about checking out some of Shel Silverstein’s greatest at this web site: https://www.harpercollins.com/childrens/shel-silverstein-poems/

These 3 poems below are meant to be read by 2 people.  Can you find someone at home who will read these with you?  One person reads the words on the left and the other person reads the ones on the right.  Enjoy

Please reply with a favorite poem.  You have the month of April to find that special one.  

Poems from:

Florien, Douglas.  Friends and Foes: Poems About Us All.  Beach Lane Books, 2018.  Pgs. 11, 40 &41,44.

Opposites
(page 44)

I’m short.  I’m tall.

I’m shy.  I’ve got gall.

I’m Chinese. I’m British.

I speak Spanish. I know Yiddish.

I love red. I love blue.

I’m smart. I’m smart too!







I’m Better
(pages 40 & 41)

I’m better at hiking. I’m better at biking.

I’m better at jogging.  I’m better at blogging. 

I’m better at reading. I’m better at weeding.

I’m better at riddles. I’m better at fiddles. 

I’m better at walking. I’m better at talking.

We each can find something that better we do,
     But I’ll never find a friend better than you!







Old Friends
(page 11)

We’re old friends. That’s what we are.

We’re old friends. We go back far.

We’re old friends. We’re friends true and true.

We’re old friends.   But just like new.

We’re old friends. I don’t want to jinx it -

But I know what she thinks before she even thinks it!


No comments:

Post a Comment