Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Remote Learning Week 3, April 8

Today is Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Dear First and Second Graders,
Good morning! I'm sorry we can't meet this morning, but I am hoping to see you all on Friday. Today you will work in your punctuation mentor journal. You will work on using the comma. I love seeing all of your work and pictures from home.
Your teacher,
Mrs. M


Reading
Partner read with a family member for 10 minutes.

Remember...
We give tour guides of our books (show them the important parts, key words, or show the characters, setting, problem/solution).
We work as a team
We read together
We give reminders about good reading habits
We do something at the end


Log-in to Raz-kids and/ or Epic and read 3 books+comprehension questions!

(Raz-kids and Epic can be recorded on your reading log!)





Writing
Spend time working on your book today

 Writing Learning Target Informational/Narrative 
  • I can read my book to a family member and use what I know about spelling patterns to help me write my words.
  • Think about your vowel sounds, vowel teams, digraphs, glued sounds, blends and suffixes (ch, sh, wh, th, ck, am an all, bl, fl, pl, suffix s, ing).

  • I can fix up any of my words.


Find your Punctuation Journal in your new bag of materials. Reread the definitions for the punctuation marks we did at school and the examples we wrote together!

***BE CAREFUL... I SNUCK IN TWO MORE DEFINITIONS: COMMA AND CAPITAL LETTERS!***


Glue in your comma definition and read together with your family.
Here is my comma page. Copy down my mentor sentences and date and then think of your own ways to use the comma.  Write your own sentence. Remember to circle your commas :)

I'd love to see pictures of your work! 


First Grade Math


Math Facts Practice 
Copy these facts onto a piece of paper and solve.
example  ___+4=8 think... something plus 4 is equal to 8... 4+4=8
        5+___=10     __+6=12    10-__=4

3+4+6=____     2+8+6=_____




Double It 
Roll two six sided die and add together, then double that number! Write down your equations.
Example: 4+2=6   double it!  6+6=12

Variations: Use one die and practice doubling that number, use 3 dice add the parts and double those! i.e. 3+4+2=9 double it!  9+9=18



Science/Global Studies
Optional 

Username:
Password: waterville


Watch the video on Remaining Open to Continuous Learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment