Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Remote Learning Week 3, April 7


Morning Message

Dear First and Second Grade Families,

I miss you all! Today you will read to your favorite stuffed animals. Please have a family member take a picture of you  while you are reading and email it to me!  


Have a great day, 

Mrs. Marcelino 

P.S. can you find all of the different punctuation marks in our message today?


If you have time, email me with your totals!
hmarcelino@wesvt.net 


Reading

Find your favorite stuffed animal to read aloud to for 20 minutes.


Remember...
Readers can Do Something at the End 

Retell the story to a family member/stuffed animal
Reread your favorite part
Reread the story for expression and fluency

Log-in to Raz-kids and/ or Epic and read 2 books+comprehension questions!

(Raz-kids and Epic can be recorded on your reading log!)
Links Below

Raz Kids

Epic

Reading Log




 The World according to Humphrey
Listen to our daily read aloud by clicking on the link below. You will need to request permission to view this video. 

Read Aloud 




Writing
Spend time working on your book today!

Narrative Writing Learning Target  
  • I can read my book to a family member and make sure my story has who was there, what they did and how they felt! I have details in words and pictures.
  • I can add to my book if I am missing any of my parts.

Informational Writing Learning Target

  • I can read my book to a family member and make sure I used different kinds of information in each section such as: facts, tips, steps or definitions.
  • I can add to my book if I am missing any parts.


Spelling and Fundations
Magnet Board Online Resource 
Here is our magnet board just like in class! You will need to set up a Smart Learning Suite account (SLS), directions are below.
Go to hellosmart.com you will have to join our classroom- Select join online SLS
Smart Learning ID: First and Second Grade 282 817

You can use your mouse to move the tiles around, or if you have a touch screen it will work too! You can use this board to practice your spelling words. 


Spelling and Fundations
Cut out your word sort and sort the words into groups. Read them aloud to a family member. Check your sort if you have questions by watching Monday's lesson!

First Grade Math
1) Bridges BLACKLINES masters book pages 6-9



Math Fact Practice : Solve these equations on a piece of paper, use your ten frame mat and some pennies as markers if it helps.





2+8= 3+7= 10-7= 6+4= 9-8= 5-5=

Practice Skill
Count by 5s to 120

Count by 5s





Science/Global Studies
Optional 


10am PT / 11am MT / 12pm CT / 1pm ET Tuesday, April 7



No comments:

Post a Comment