Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Week 6, Tuesday May 5



Dear Friends,
I miss you all so much! I'm glad today is Tuesday and we will meet in our small math groups. Please watch the opinion writing lesson today... I'm warning you, it might make you hungry! 

Your teacher,
Mrs. M :)
Here are your daily activities


Reading
Learning Target: I can draw and write to teach others about the main character in my book.

Reread the book from your reading group yesterday. Draw and write about your character on the outside and inside. Here is how I would set my paper up...

Example:

What I see when I                                      My character says, thinks
look at my character                                           and feels 
small, furry, golden brown                                YES, YES, YES
and chubby                                                        Squeak!
                                                                           He feels happy Ms.                                                                             Mac remembers him

Literacy Footprints Rusty the Robot

Epic Tortoise and the Hare




First Grade Math
Math Meeting Today Google meet nickname/code 1-2Smallgroup


Second Grade Math
Math Meeting with Ms. Thomas (11:00-11:20, Google Meet, Nickname - Grade2Math)
Spelling Practice
Pumpkins: Have a grown up read these sentences aloud to you. Do your best to sound out the words and us capital letters as well as ending punctuation.


The hare was small and had a black nose. 
I need to have my hair cut but I have to wait!
In the summer can I go to the fair?

Blueberries: Cut and sort your new glued sound word sort (ink, onk, unk and ank) words. 


Limes: Cut and sort your new word sort for the week. 

Writing
Learning Target: I can name the parts of an opinion writing piece. 
Oreo Organizer
Parts of Opinion Writing


The World According to Humphrey Read Aloud



No comments:

Post a Comment