Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Week 8, Tuesday May 19

Morning Message

Dear First and Second Graders,
Today looks like a sunny, spring day! I hope you can spend time outside playing and enjoying the beautiful weather.   I will see my first graders for a math meeting this morning. I really love seeing all of the amazing work you are doing at home!


Have a great day! 
Mrs. Marcelino 

Reading 
Learning Target:

I can use the clues an author gives to help me read the story.

Read for 20 minutes.

Read from your book bag, books from home or log-in to the links below.

Bring a book you practiced reading to our group tomorrow and share some of the clues you used!


First Grade Math
Bridges Daily Activity
Math Groups Meet Today :)


Second Grade Math

Activity of the Day
Math Meeting with Ms. Thomas (11:00-11:20, Google Meets)


Spelling Practice

Pumpkins

Speed Sort
Practice reading your spelling words. Sort your words into groups as quickly as you can 3 different times. Set a timer to see how long it takes you!

Limes

Stretch out the words in these sentences. Have a grown up read these sentences aloud to you, write these sentences on a piece of paper. You MUST HAVE... capital letters, spacing and punctuation in your sentences.

I can chop wood!

Can I cut the grass?


Blueberries


Write 3 sentences using as many of your spelling words as you can.  You MUST HAVE... capital letters, spacing and punctuation in your sentences. 


Challenge: Can you spot the capital letters in each sentence. Circle all of the capital letters!!

Opinion Writing

Learning Target: I can write a beginning to my opinion piece.


Winter or Summer- How to use a question as your beginning!
Please use the PDF or the packet sent home in your child's remote learning bag.



The World According to Humphrey 
Read Aloud 

Tricks or Treats



No comments:

Post a Comment